What is this?

I never thought about the spiritual aspects of giving my kids a bath or standing in a line at a grocery store. However, God has recently showed me some insightful biblical truths in some of the most mundane tasks in life. Whether I am driving, showering or sleeping each of these activities has a biblical truth tucked inside of it. In the forest of life, God’s biblical truth is inside each one of these trees. My hope is that others view the ordinary aspects of life through a spiritual lens and see what God teaches you.







Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Day!

One of my favorite New Year’s memory from when I was a child was when my mother would throw a bucket of water out our front porch at midnight to wash way the previous year and eat 12 grapes for the New Year. Every culture has its way of celebrating the New Year and this was the Cuban way. While everyone celebrates the New Year in a different way, the meaning is the same. New Year= New beginnings.  Gone with the old and in with the new! The funny thing is that we act as if New Years is the day we have to put our financial house in order, or restore our relationships or begin a new eating plan.  We act as if it is the starting line. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” Why are we waiting till January to make changes? We are a new creation. The starting is not January 1st. The starting line is with Jesus and it has already begun! Happy New Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment