What is this?

I never thought about the spiritual aspects of giving my kids a bath or standing in a line at a grocery store. However, God has recently showed me some insightful biblical truths in some of the most mundane tasks in life. Whether I am driving, showering or sleeping each of these activities has a biblical truth tucked inside of it. In the forest of life, God’s biblical truth is inside each one of these trees. My hope is that others view the ordinary aspects of life through a spiritual lens and see what God teaches you.







Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Our Resolutions vs His

Well, we are a week into the New Year and I am excited that I have kept my New Year’s Resolutions. In my household, we don’t set major life changing New Year’s Resolution for the simple reason  that if something life changing is needed, well, I am not going to wait till January 1 to do it J.  Although I am not oppose to anyone making that type of resolution either.  I recently heard at a New Year’s gathering of someone giving up television for a year!
However, in our house we set minor goals. They are usually those things that we should be doing but we’ve been a bit lazy. Last year, my New Year’s Resolution was to clean out my purse once a month. I couldn’t believe the stuff I had stuffed in there and forgot about.

This year one of our resolutions that my husband and I have decided is to not buy anymore store bought salsa. We’ve tried several brands hoping to find one that we both like only to continue to be disappointed by the taste. I guess we are kind of like salsa snobsL.   We haven’t found that universal salsa that goes great not only with chips but all the other things we like to add it to. Thus far, we’ve been successful in making our own. We’ve made two batches and are extremely satisfied. Now, if we can only keep it up!

As I’ve thought about New Year and the resolutions we’ve set, the verse that continues to come to mind has been Lamentations 2:22-23. “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”  My eyes have been fixed on the phrase “new every morning.”
God’s mercies to me are new every morning not every year.  God is not waiting around till January 1 to pour out more mercy on me.  Neither is God going to terminate his mercy a week into the New Year like many of us abandon our New Year’s Resolution.
As I go about my year, attempting to be faithful to the resolutions I’ve set, I don’t want to forget the simple truth that God is faithful to me regardless of the time of year.  His mercy to me is new every morning and isn’t being withheld like a ransom. His love for me never ends like we say goodbye to one year and hello to another.   His resolutions NEVER CEASE!
PS: Can you still say Happy New Year a week into the New Year? I don’t know my Happy New Year etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment