What is this?

I never thought about the spiritual aspects of giving my kids a bath or standing in a line at a grocery store. However, God has recently showed me some insightful biblical truths in some of the most mundane tasks in life. Whether I am driving, showering or sleeping each of these activities has a biblical truth tucked inside of it. In the forest of life, God’s biblical truth is inside each one of these trees. My hope is that others view the ordinary aspects of life through a spiritual lens and see what God teaches you.







Thursday, December 20, 2012

December Birthdays


Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
December birthdays are hard not just financially but spiritually. As a parent, I want to give my daughter a special birthday filled with love, laughter and joy. As special as her birthday is to us, it is hard to explain to a preschooler that two days later that someone else’s birthday is much more special not only to us but to the world.
Since my daughter’s birthday is so close to Christmas, I’ve recently found myself thinking more about Mary as a mother during the Christmas season. Being a parent is tough and a lot of work. I wonder if being Jesus’s mommy was easy. After all, He is perfect! I wonder if Mary ever gave Jesus a spanking, raised her voice at Him or put Him in time-out. If so, we know that it was due to poor parenting J.  I can somewhat comprehend a perfect man but a perfect preschooler? toddler?  That definitely takes faith!
All moms think their children are special. We love to talk about our kids. My little Johnny did this at school. My little Susie does this at home. Our kids may be great at something but Mary’s son truly was special.  As smarts as my kid is, my child was not a scholar at a young age.  As kind hearted as my kid is, my child did not help the poor and widows like Jesus did. As talented as my kid is, my child did not perform miracles.  Mary had an extraordinary child! I can’t imagine what it would have been like to “parent” Jesus.  I can only be thankful that she took on this responsibility and helped give the world the most precious gift of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment